Top 9 ethical issues in artificial intelligence
Optimizing logistics, detecting fraud, composing art, conducting research, providing translations: intelligent machine systems are transforming our lives for the better. As these systems become more capable, our world becomes more efficient and consequently richer.
Tech giants such as Alphabet, Amazon, Facebook, IBM and Microsoft – as well as individuals like Stephen Hawking and Elon Musk – believe that now is the right time to talk about the nearly boundless landscape of artificial intelligence. In many ways, this is just as much a new frontier for ethics and risk assessment as it is for emerging technology. So which issues and conversations keep AI experts up at night?
- Unemployment. What happens after the end of jobs?
- Inequality. How do we distribute the wealth created by machines?
- Humanity. How do machines affect our behaviour and interaction?
- Artificial stupidity. How can we guard against mistakes?
- Racist robots. How do we eliminate AI bias?
- Security. How do we keep AI safe from adversaries?
- Evil genies. How do we protect against unintended consequences?
- Singularity. How do we stay in control of a complex intelligent system?
- Robot rights. How do we define the humane treatment of AI?
Read more ….